May 3, 2016
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING
Meeting and/or Executive Session Agenda 6:00 p.m. - Tuesday, May 3, 2016
SAGINAW CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS 333 WEST McLEROY BOULEVARD
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas
- "Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, One State under God, One and indivisible"
(2) Invocation - Dr. Danny Howe, First Baptist Church
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) CC-0516-01: Action regarding Minutes, April 19, 2016 - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(5) CC-0516-02: Presentations – 2016 Images of Saginaw Photo Contest - Director of Recreation, Keith Rinehart
(6) CC-0516-03: Proclamation – Relay for Life Day - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(7) CC-0516-04: Proclamation – Emergency Medical Services Week - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(8) CC-0516-05: Annual MedStar Ambulance Update - Matt Zavadsky, MedStar Director of Public Affairs
(9) CC-0516-06: Consideration and Action regarding a Bond Refunding to generate interest rate savings and to authorize City Staff, the City's Financial Advisor and Bond Counsel to proceed with the refunding if certain savings targets are reached - Mark McLiney, SAMCO Capital Markets, Inc.
(10) CC-0516-07: Consideration and Action regarding Purchase of Transport Vehicle for CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) - Fire Chief, Doug Spears
(11) CC-0516-08: Presentation – Fire Camp - Fire Chief, Doug Spears
(12) Executive Session:
a. Any Posted Item
(13) CC-0516-09: Consideration and Action regarding a Contract of Sale for the Purchase of Property located at 437 N. Knowles Drive, Saginaw, Texas, and Authorizing the City Manager to execute all documents associated with same - Director of Public Works, Mark White
(14) CC-0516-10: Consideration and Action regarding recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission on request for approval of a Preliminary Plat for Basswood Crossing, being 58.8 acres of land out of the E. Meredith Survey, Abstract A-1081, and the D. Strickland Survey, Abstract A-1408, 181 residential lots, 1 commercial lot, and 2 open space lots, including a request for a Variance to the Subdivision Ordinance, Section 7.08 E1 that requires a 50' Right of Way Dedication for a Local Street - Nick Powell, Peloton Land Solutions
(15) Adjournment - Mayor,Gary Brinkley