May 19, 2015
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING
Meeting, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Saginaw City Hall Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(2) Invocation - Pastor Michael Orr, Saginaw Church of Christ
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0515-01 (PDF): Action regarding Minutes, April 21, 2015 - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(b) CC-0515-02 (PDF): Action regarding Ad Valorem Tax Collection Contract with Tarrant County for Tax Year 2015 - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(c) CC-0515-03 (PDF): Action regarding Capital Improvements Advisory Committee Recommendation regarding Land Use Assumptions and Impact Fees - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(d) CC-0515-04 (PDF): Action regarding Resolution No. 2015-06, Continued Participation with Atmos Cities Steering Committee - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(e) CC-0515-05 (PDF): Action regarding Ordinance No. 2015-04, Approving Negotiated Settlement between Atmos Cities Steering Committee and Atmos Energy Corporation, Mid-Tex Division regarding Atmos’ 2014-2015 Rate Review Mechanism Filings - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(5) CC-0515-06 (PDF): Presentations – 2015 Images of Saginaw Photo Contest - Director of Recreation, Keith Rinehart
(6) CC-0515-07 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission on Request for Approval of a Final Plat for Mariposa at Spring Hollow, Lot 1, Block 1, 14.396 acres out of the J. Biles Survey, Abstract No. 119, and the Juan Armendaris Survey, Abstract No. 58, located north of East McLeroy Boulevard and east of Spring Hollow Drive - Chief Building Official, Kevin McMillin
(7) CC-0515-08 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission on Request for Approval of a Site Plan for Mariposa at Spring Hollow Apartment Complex - Chief Building Official, Kevin McMillin
(8) CC-0515-09 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission on Request for Approval of a Final Plat for Saginaw DC Industrial Park, being 32.5889 acres out of the David Cook Survey, Abstract No. 345, 15 Non Residential Lots - Chief Building Official, Kevin McMillin
(9) CC-0515-10 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2015-07, Canvassing Returns and Declaring Results of General Election held on May 9, 2015 - City Attorney, Tim Sralla
(10) CC-0515-11 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2015-08, Canvassing Returns and Declaring Results of Special Election held on May 9, 2015 regarding the following measure: “Reauthorization of the Local Sales and Use Tax in the City of Saginaw at the Rate of One-Eighth of One Percent to Continue Providing Revenue for Maintenance and Repair of Municipal Streets” - City Attorney, Tim Sralla
(11) CC-0515-12 (PDF): Oath of Office for Mayor and Council-member Place 2 - City Secretary, Janice England
(12) CC-0515-13 (PDF): Presentation to Outgoing Council-member Place 2 Ed Larson - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(13) CC-0515-14 (PDF): Election of Mayor Pro-Tem - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(14) CC-0515-15 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Appointment of Member to Crime Control and Prevention District Board - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(15) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
(16) Adjournment - Mayor, Gary Brinkley